Version 3.16.9 (2010-09-25) Build 6
Re-enable subprocess threading. All deadlock issues should be solved with threading. This means that the progress bars should show the percentage complete at most stages.
- Newest version of imgburn included
- Newer version of mencoder/mplayer included
- New command option to specify if using imburn: devede.exe -imgburn. This is used by default.
Version 3.16.9 (2010-08-19) Build 4
Fix more subtitle issue when converting to UTF-8.
Version 3.16.9 (2010-08-17) Build 3
- Fixed issue with program locking up on subtitles.
Version 3.16.9 (2010-08-14) Build 2
- Turned off all subprocess threading on win32/win64 systems. This should result in the deadlock issue being fixed
- Percent complete is turned to pulsebars in this release because of the threads being turned off
Version 3.16.9 (2010-07-29) Build 1
- Added the license in the About dialog
- Added hungarian translation
Version 3.16.8 (2010-05-23) Build 2
- Updated cygwin from 1.5 to 1.7
Version 3.16.8 (2010-04-20) Build 1
- Fixed a bug which prevented to create VCD, sVCD and CVD
- Video info is updated when changing selection with arrow keys
- Allows up to 448Kbps for audio when using AC3
Version 3.16.6 (2010-04-09) Build 2
- Option to burn DVD after conversion. Uses the first DVD burner found and there are currently no configuration options for it
- Option to turn off computer after conversion finishes
Version 3.16.6 (2010-03-19) Build 1
- Buttons in main window now has a border, like all other buttons
- Desktop launcher now shows a much more HIG-compliant description
- Pressing RETURN key in Title properties and Create disc dialogs has the same effect than the Accept button
- Default to using ImgBurn for ISO creation on windows
Version 3.16.5 (2010-03-09)
- Don't show by default the subtitles in MKV files
- Fixed dependencies in .deb package to ensure Debian compatibility
Version 3.16.4 (2010-02-24)
- Adjusts the audio bitrate to the nearest legal value supported in mencoder
Version 3.16.3 (2010-02-22)
- Allows blank spaces in the subtitles filename
Version 3.16.2 (2010-02-21)
- Fixed the audio bitrate when using 5.1 sound
Version 3.16.1 (2010-02-21)
- Fixed a hang when repacking MPEG files instead of reencoding them
- Fixed Galician translation
Version 3.16.0 (2009-01-07)
- Added support for two-pass encoding (thanks to Gustavo Sanchez)
- Added support for 64bit Windows
- Fixed a bug when importing old .devede files
- Fixed a bug that prevented to manually choose the aspect ratio
- Allows to change the final volume
- Now remembers the last output directory used, and the last subtitle language and codepage
- Added support for UTF-16 subtitles
- Autodetects ASCII, UTF-8 and UTF-16 subtitles
- Allows to create DVDs without menu
- Check if there's a /, | or \ in the file name
- Allows to force the subtitles by default
- Flush stdout and stderr at end, so it should finally allow to have full debugging info
- Several bugfixes for Windows version (thanks to Peter Gill)
This is the first update for windows since 3.12.4. The changelog includes versions 3.15.2, 3.15.1, 3.15.0, 3.14.0, 3.13.1, and 3.13.0. Win32 Build 8
- This is the final build for 3.15.2
- Fixed devede hanging/failing during different parts of the conversion
Win32 Build 7
Win32 Build 6
- Fix bug in dvdauthor not starting
Win32 Build 4
- The translations are half working again. Seems to be some sort of utf-8 parse errors happening based on the Windows default system encoding.
- Fix another bug in checking for updates
- Fix slow conversion speed bug present in builds 2 and 3
- Updated to the latest mencoder
Win32 Build 3
- Fix bug where videos could only contain ascii characters
- Fix check for updates menu. It actually works again.
Win32 Build 2
- One script to build src, build windows exe, and one script to build windows msi package.
Win32 Build 1
- Updated to latest devede source version
- Version 3.15.2
- Improved debugging
- Version 3.15.1
- Fixed a bug when the program can't write the subtitle's XML file
- Added Miguel Bouzada to the list of translators
- Version 3.15.0
- Added -loop 1 in mplayer commands to avoid problems when the user has a mplayer.config file
- Changed shape of the main window to better fit wide screens
- Added support for OGG/Vorbis for menu sound
- Added new backgrounds (Thanks to Ben)
- Support for RMVB file extension
- Preview button now can hide the icon when global preferences says it
- When creating a DivX, if Default resolution is selected, won't touch size, nor aspect ratio, nor add bars
- Updated translation to French
- Updated translation to Galician
- Translation to Tradicional Chinese
- Support for filenames with double quotes (thanks to Christian)
- Allows to split a film in two disks in SVCD and CVD, not only in VCD
- Version 3.14.0
- Now doesn't add black bars when creating an NTSC disc from an 720x480 file without ASPECT RATIO parameter embedded
- Allows to repack a file as MPEG-PS without recompress the streams (useful to work with VOB files)
- Allows to swap the field order in interlaced videos
- Allows to change the subtitle's font size
- Now supports subtitle filenames with XML-reserved characters
- Supports all picture types for menu backgrounds (not only PNG)
- Now removes previous preview files if they already existed, when using LN
- Fixed free disk space calcule in Windows 2000 and the SetPriority function (thanks to Peter Gill)
- Adjusted the media sizes to ensure that the ISOs always will fit in the disc
- Now doesn't hangs when adding a video file in an unknown format
- Version 3.13.1
- Save as... option now works.
- The Title properties window closes when the user changes the action to do when the title ends. Fixed.
- When the $HOME/.spumux directory didn't exists, DeVeDe is unable to find the font for subtitles. Fixed.
- Added TTF-DEJAVU-CORE package in the DEB dependencies.
- Version 3.13.0
- Fixed the greek translation
- Doesn't fail when LANG is not defined
- Migration from LibGLADE to GtkBuilder
- Add support for imageburn if it is installed
- Updated mplayer and mencoder for better video support
- Fixed error on Windows 2000, it should now work again
- Updated to new DeVeDe version 3.11b.
- Translations now work properly on Windows
- Various fixes to the installer
- Updated to new DeVeDe version 3.11.
- Fix problem with help broken help from 3.10
- Made the update checker work better
- Updated to new DeVeDe version 3.9.
- Fixed errors with win32 version not displaying button icons.
- Added initial support for multiple cores on win32. If you computer has hyper-threading, do not use this option, this will slow devede down.
- Removed unneeded gtk files from the installer reducing package size.
- Fixed installer issues.
- Fixed dvdauthor issue.
- Fixed issue where everytime devede was run it would attempt to install devedesans.ttf to the Windows font directory.
- Fixed issue where devede was writing log files to install directory. Now devede writes log files to individual users apps directory.
- With the above fixes devede now runs in limited user mode.
- Menu item to read documentation works with non internet explorer browsers
- Fixed a bug when running in a system configured with Catalan language
- Now asks for confirmation when closing the disk type selection window
- The final size of the ISO image is now much more accurate
- Fix bug causing unresponsiveness during video conversion
- Added a dark theme
- Added menu item to read documentation
- Added menu item to check for updates
- Marked strings added for Windows code for gettext internationalization
- Upgrade mencoder from rc1 to rc2
- Upgrade vcdimager from 0.7.12 to 0.7.23
- Misc small other changes
- Add Windows native file chooser when selecting video files
- Add drag and drop to the Windows version.
- Fix bugs that would keep DeVeDe from displaying percentage completed in the conversion process when running on Windows